The Pride of Antwerp: The Antwerp Diamond Bourse
The Antwerp Diamond Bourse was founded on June 7, 1904 by Antwerp diamond merchants who sought to move their dealings into a more structured, secure location. The Antwerp Diamond Bourse was the second such institution to be established in Belgium’s International port city, following the DiamantClub, which was founded in 1892.
Today, the Antwerp Diamond Bourse is a major global diamond trade hub. It is situated in a building spanning a block stretching from the Pelikaanstraat to the Hovenierstraat, and serves more than 2,000 international diamond traders and manufacturers.
The bourse is part of Antwerp’s diamond center, located near the Central railroad station. The bourse and the area surrounding it hosts diverse services for traders in rough and polished diamonds, from specialized banks to international dispatching firms and private courier services.